Dragon Age: Inquisition
(Redirected from Dragon Age III: Inquisition)
Dragon Age II. The game takes place on the continent of Thedas in the nations of Ferelden and Orlais.
The game begins and is primarily set in the year 9:41 Dragon, a year after the events of Dragon Age II. There is still civil war within the nation of Orlais which threatens the stability of the whole of Southern Thedas. The Circle of Magi continue their assault on the oppressive templars, leading to a war between the two factions. In an attempt to quell the fighting, Divine Justinia V had orchestrated a summit between chosen ambassadors of the two factions at the Divine Conclave. However a large explosion causes the death of not only Divine Justinia but also the ambassadors of the Circle of Magi and the Templar Order which creates a large tear in the Veil, labelled "The Breach", which is letting through hordes of demons from the other side. The protagonist of the story is The Inquisitor who is the sole survivor of the explosion at the conclave, and as a result, is marked with an "anchor" - a magical mark that allows the player to control the Breach the subsequent Fade Rifts. The ability to close the perilous rifts by way of the anchor, and the subsequent feats of the Inquisitor, lead many to believe they are a new messiah, sent by Andraste and The Maker, and is labelled the "Herald of Andraste." Soon after the player is inducted into a now reborn Inquisition - an organisation sactioned by the late Divine before her death to restore peace to Thedas should the negotiations fail - and soon made its leader. Throughout the entire game the Inquisitor will be required to make decisions that will change the very fate of the world and puts them right in the forefront of a plot that aims to overthrow The Maker himself.
- For all characters, see: Category:Characters (Inquisition)
- The Inquisitor - Sole survivor of the explosion at the Conclave, protagonist of the game, and leader of the Inquisition.
- Cullen - Advisor to the Inquisitor and a Knight-Captain in the Templar Order who has witnessed the heroics of the Hero of Ferelden and the Champion of Kirkwall. He leads the armed forces of the Inquisition.
- Elder One - mysterious antagonist of the game who is served by the Venatori and the Red Templars.
- Josephine Montilyet - Advisor to the Inquisitor, friend of Leliana, and a skilled diplomat.
- Leliana - Spymaster for the inquistion, Left hand of the Divine, and depending on the players choices in Dragon Age: Origins, former companion to the Hero of Ferelden.
- Morrigan - Known as the "witch of the wilds", she is a shape-shifting Apostate mage who travelled with the Hero of Ferelden. She mysteriously vanished after the Fifth Blight but emerged several years later as the Arcane Adviser to the Empress of Orlais, Empress Celene.
- Blackwall - A Grey Warden hailing from Orlais. Joins the Inquisition whilst on a recruitment pilgrimage for the Grey Wardens.
- Cassandra Pentaghast - Right Hand of the Divine and a member of the Order of the Seekers of Truth.
- Cole - a mysterious spirit rogue who warns the Inquisition of an impending attack.
- Dorian Pavus - An Altus mage from the Tevinter Imperium.
- Iron Bull - a Qunari mercenary and agent of the Ben-Hassrath.
- Sera - a female elven archer and member of the Friends of Red Jenny.
- Solas - an apostate hedge mage and expert on the Fade.
- Varric Tethras - A Dwarven Rogue and member of the Merchant's Guild. He is an accomplished author and former companion to the Champion of Kirkwall.
- Vivienne - Enchantress to the Imperial Court of Orlais, First Enchanter of the Montsimmard, and a Loyalist Circle Mage.
- For a list of all the quests in this game, see: Quests (Inquisition)
 Jaws of Hakkon
- Full article: Jaws of Hakkon
 The Descent
- Full Article: The Descent
- Full Article: Trespasser
Related ThreadsDragon Age Trespasser DLC asks whether you can end the Inquisition - last post by @ Sep 3, 2015
Dragon Age: Inquisition HD Theme Pack For Windows 7/8/8.1 - last post by @ Nov 22, 2014
Dragon Age: Inquisition Header Contest - last post by @ Dec 1, 2014
Dragon Age Inquisition Review - last post by @ Feb 15, 2015
Dragon Age Inquisition reviews - last post by @ Nov 16, 2014
This page has been accessed 5,186 times.